I’m super excited to introduce the world to Evanui, the winner of the 2014 Super Kimagery Cutest Kid Contest! Here’s a few of the adorable photos we captured at her recent shoot. She won a free Photo Session all the high resolution digital files. She’s absolutely gorgeous — my camera loves her! If you’re like me and can’t get enough of her cuteness, the great news is that this isn’t the last you’ll see of Evanui….soon you’ll find her in print and advertisements across the nation because Evanui just got signed to Models Inc as their newest toddler model! Hooray!! I see a big things in this little one’s future!
Tuesday, April 8, 2014 Posted in Children
I’m always really excited when I get to photograph a child I’ve photographed before. For me, it’s like catching up with old friends and all we do is laugh and have fun. In Marley’s case, I was 5 times more excited to photograph her again, since that’s how many time’s she’s been in front of my camera! I thought it would be fun to dig through my archives and find all the sessions we did together. (It’s also a hoot to see how my photography style has evolved over the years! Ha!) Come with me as I take a nostalgic look back and watch Marley grow up in front of my camera…
Here’s a teeny tiny Marley at 15 months old. This was the first time I met Marley. She showed up looking like this and I may or may not have squealed in excitement when I saw how cute she was.
A year had passed until I finally got a chance to photograph her again. And I finally got the good news I’d been waiting for…Marley was signed to JE Model Agency in San Francisco and got her first modeling job in the Pottery Barn Kids catalog! *cue angels singing*
This brings me to the most recent session we had together. I loved seeing how much the 5 year old Marley has grown, and her beautiful, curly hair is longer than ever. She’s full of energy and wide-eyed wonder for the world around her. And she lost her two front teeth. Adorbs. My heart does a happy dance when I get to see her grow up in front of my camera.
To date, Marley’s adorable face has been in 6 Pottery Barn catalogs and she’s landing countless other modeling jobs. I’m so happy for all of her success.
So…All this talk about modeling is making me think I should write a little piece about how to get your child into modeling, since it’s a question I get asked a lot! My youngest son, Kingston, was recently signed to Models Inc and I’d love to share the story of how he got signed. Stay tuned for that
UPDATE 2/15/14: THE ENTRY PERIOD HAS CLOSED. THANK YOU TO ALL THE CUTE KIDS WHO ENTERED!
- The Grand Prize winner will receive a complimentary Mini Portrait Session with me and a high resolution USB drive of the entire gallery with photographer’s print release, a $525 value!
- The 2nd runner up will receive a $250 Print Credit.
- The 3rd runner up will receive a $100 Print Credit.
- All other contestants will receive a $25 Print Credit.
- The top 5 photos with the most ‘likes’ on Facebook will move on to the next round where a panel of judges will determine the final winners. Comments are permitted, but will not count towards the total number of votes.
- ONE photo per child. Only twins or triplets can be entered with a single photo. Child must be under 10 years old by 2/14/14 and reside in Northern California.
- Photo entries must be submitted no later than 2/14/14. Each photo entry will be posted in the Contest Gallery within 24 hours of submission and then voting will begin immediately!
- Voting will continue until 2/28/14 at midnight. Winner will be announced on 3/1/14.
- The grand prize session must be redeemed within 60 days. Winners must be willing to sign a portrait contract and model release.
- Prize retail value cannot be altered or changed in any way, and not redeemable for cash. No other promotions or discounts can be applied to prizes. Prizes are not transferable to other persons.
- I reserve the right to disqualify any contestant who is suspected of gaining votes in a dishonorable or unjust manner.
- This contest is not affiliated with or sponsored by Facebook.
This beautiful family from Southern California came up to San Francisco just for a weekend and really wanted to schedule a family session with me during their visit. I was honored. It took a little wiggling, but in the end I’m so glad our schedules finally aligned long enough for us have a fabulous session in Golden Gate Park. Here’s just a few of the fun moments we captured.
Tuesday, October 1, 2013 Posted in Children
Meet Mariah, Hailey and Aubrianna — otherwise known as the Kiddie Critics. They’re a super cute little trio who give their reviews on everything from food, places, things, and more. How cute is that. Check out their website. I had an insane amount of fun photographing them for this session and judging from the photos, I’m guessing they did too! Watch out world, there’s no stopping these girls!
Well…I’m still trying to figure out how this happened, but they tell me my little baby Kingston is now 8 months old. Whaaat?! The good thing is that now that he’s sitting up, we we’ve been having fun (maybe a little tooooo much fun) taking pictures of him. These pictures were taken yesterday morning and it was pretty easy to set up. I found a cardboard box (check), rifled through the kids toys to find the Toy Story characters (check), and of course, found a cute baby (check!). If you love Toy Story as much as my kids, I hope you enjoy the pics!
Do you have an idea for a themed photoshoot? Let me know and we’ll make it happen! Email firstname.lastname@example.org =)